Community Meeting for Businesses: Input in City Manager Search
|Community Meeting for Businesses: Input in City Manager Search |
|Art Pick Council Chambers|
|8/31/2011 3:00 PM|
|8/31/2011 5:00 PM|
Type of Event
|(951) 826-5586 or email@example.com|
The search for the City of Riverside’s next City Manager is underway and City residents are being asked what they would like to see in Riverside’s next top manager.
To solicit this input, a series of three community meetings will be held to provide residents with a unique opportunity to share their thoughts directly with City officials.
Additional meetings will be held:
• Wednesday, August 24 at 6:30 p.m. at Orange Terrace Community Center, 20010 Orange Terrace Parkway
• Thursday, August 25 at 6:00 p.m. at the La Sierra Senior Center, 5215 La Sierra Avenue
• Wednesday, August 31 at 6:30 p.m. at the Bobby Bonds Auditorium, 2060 University Avenue
Participants will be asked to share their thoughts or ideas on this important topic. Topics of particular focus include:
1. What type of experience is important for the next City Manager?
2. What personal characteristics should the City Manager possess?
3. How should the City Manager be involved in our community?
Norm Roberts with the Roberts Consulting Group will moderate the sessions on behalf of the Mayor and City Council who plan to fill the position as soon as possible through a robust process which benefits directly from the insight of City residents.
“We have been fortunate to have Brad Hudson as our City Manager for the last six years. Brad has set a high standard and has put Riverside in an enviable position for the future,” commented Mayor Ron Loveridge. “The City Council and I are looking for candidates who can bring strength, collaboration and innovation to their role in running city government with excellent services."
In addition to the community meetings, residents who cannot attend will be able to provide their input through an anonymous questionnaire on the City's Web site which will be available August 24 - 31.