|Neighborhood Meeting |
|Dales Senior Center at White Park|
|3/20/2013 6:00 PM|
|3/20/2013 8:00 PM|
Type of Event
|Lynn Anderson , email@example.com, 951-826-5242|
Neighborhood Meeting to Discuss Possible Modification of Brockton Avenue from Mission Inn Avenue to Central Avenue to Facilitate Alternative Means of Transportation
Ward 1 Councilmember Mike Gardner and Ward 3 Councilmember Ken Gutierrez will co-host a neighborhood meeting on March 20, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in the Dales Senior Center at White Park to discuss a proposed modification of Brockton Avenue between Mission Inn Avenue and Central Avenue. If implemented, the change is intended to increase alternative methods of transportation such as bicycling and walking and reduce vehicle use.
The change would restripe Brockton Avenue to install bike lanes, one lane of traffic in each direction, and a new two-way left turn lane in the center of the street as well as provide safe parking along both sides of Brockton Avenue. This will have several immediate effects:
· Create a safe and convenient route for bicyclists to travel between Downtown and the Riverside Plaza Area
· Improve pedestrian safety at intersections
· Provide safe parking on Brockton Avenue
· Reduce traffic speed on Brockton Avenue
· May shift some vehicle traffic to Magnolia and Palm Avenues
· May increase traffic congestion on Brockton Avenue at peak travel hours
Please join us to learn more about the proposal, ask questions, and share your views on the concept. If you are unable to make the meeting you are encouraged to share your views with Councilmembers Gardner and Gutierrez. They can be reached at 826-5991 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.