City Council Ward 3 - Mike Soubirous
|Councilmember Soubirous welcomes your ideas and input regarding issues facing the Ward 3 of the City of Riverside. You can call him at (951) 826-5991 or E-Mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Mayor and City Council
Neighborhoods in Ward 3
Latest Ward 3 Newsletters
Latest Ward 3 Videos
Welcome to the Ward 3 Councilmember page. I look forward to serving you.
Whether you reside, work, own a business or wish to invest in Riverside, I’m here to advocate for you. Together we can build a better Riverside. Call me on my cell phone at (951) 515-1663.
I invite you to sign up for Ward 3’s electronic newsletter to get the latest information and to plug into your community.
In the interest of openness and transparency, and to better understand the rules followed by our Council & Mayor, I have provided these quick links:
Our City's Charter
Our City's Rules of Procedure and Order of Business
Our City's Ethics Policy
Mike Soubirous (pronounced like the car - Subaru) was elected to serve as Ward 3’s City Councilmember in November 2013. He is currently serving his first term.
Mike is a fourth-generation native Californian who started his community service at age 8, serving his church, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and the Civil Air Patrol. Mike attained the rank of Eagle Scout in 1976. Mike joined the California Highway Patrol in 1982.
Mike, his wife Linda and their two daughters, reside in Riverside's Ward 3. Mike is president and owner of a local small business providing traffic consulting.
In June, 2011, after 29 years of service to the people of Riverside County and the State of California, Mike retired from the California Highway Patrol as a Lieutenant and acting Commander. After graduating from the CHP Academy, he was assigned to the Riverside Area office.
Mike has held several key positions and posts during his nearly three-decade service with the CHP. He was assigned to motorcycle patrol, investigated officer-involved shootings, served as a training officer and most recently, served as the Commander of the San Gorgonio Pass Area CHP office. Mike was honored in 2012 with Western Riverside County's Law Enforcement Appreciation Committee (LEAC) award - Lifetime Achievement.
Mike also developed the concept for the popular Press Enterprise "On The Road" weekly newspaper column, which answers traffic law and driver safety questions, and has contributed to many other national driving safety related publications.
Mike has worked closely with transportation officials in order to promote design changes to our county's worst roads in order to reduce traffic collisions. These roads include, SR-60, I-10, Gilman Springs Road, Cajalco Road and Ramona Expressway. Mike also partnered with transportation officials in Riverside to reduce traffic wait times at intersections with severe traffic congestion. Mike believes there is much more work to be done and looks forward to serving the people of Riverside and Ward 3.
Committed to Community Service
- Riverside County Peace Officers Memorial Foundation (RCPOMF) - President
- Living Shield Ministries - Former Vice-President
- Concerns of Police Survivors (COPS) - Volunteer
- Keep Riverside Clean & Beautiful - Volunteer
- Inland Empire Hispanic Leadership Council - Supporter
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association - Member
- Friends of the Riverside Library - Member
- Magnolia Area Neighborhood Alliance (M.A.N.A.) - Member
- Model Deaf Community - Member
- Old Riverside Foundation - Member
- Riverside Land Conservancy - Member
- RUSD Superintendent's Advisory Council - Member
- Victoria Avenue Forever - Member
Vision & Goals
- Promote openness and transparency in our City government.
- Be responsive and accessible to constituents.
- Address our City's panhandling problem.
- Address/evaluate the City's Red Light Program for cost and need.
- Look for ways to reduce unnecessary City spending.
- Eliminate redundant or duplicative processes that waste tax dollars.
- Identify and prioritize road repair and repaving needs.
- Develop a plan to tackle curb, gutter and sidewalk repair.
- Find ways to roll out the red carpet to businesses - cut the red tape.
- Promote local job growth - encourage businesses to locate in Riverside.
- Promote a "can-do" customer service attitude among City employees.
- Develop a plan to address City "parkway" tree problems (trimming schedule, root invasion, etc.)
Boards, Committees, Commissions
- Member of Regional Advisory Committee for Sewage Treatment Plant
- Member of Riverside County Community Action Commission
- Member of Riverside Model Deaf Community Committee
Legislative Field Representative for Ward 3 - Linda O'Donnell
Linda has lived in Riverside since 1976. She is the mother of three adult children - one is special needs - and has three grandchildren. Linda has worked as a Legal Secretary and has owned a small business, providing legal document/paralegal services. Linda has served the City of Riverside as a Legislative Field Representative (Councilman Schiavone) and has worked for Riverside Public Utilities. She enjoys designing jewelry, seamstress projects and spending time with her dogs. Linda is committed to serving the people of Riverside and especially those living in Ward 3. You can contact Linda by phone at (951) 826-5328 or by email at email@example.com.