|:: Customer Bill of Rights
|We Believe Our Customers Have the Right to . . .
- Be greeted with a smile;
- Be treated with courtesy and respect;
- Timely service when seeking service in person and by phone;
- Receive service from knowledgeable, competent and cooperative staff;
- Complete, accurate, reliable information and feedback;
- Consistent and fair application of codes, and rules;
- Formally appeal staff decisions;
- Our customers have the right to communicate their appreciation or their dissatisfaction about staff, Department policies, procedures or requirements;
- Expect our staff to explore alternatives and find creative solutions.
In order to facilitate this Bill of Rights and provide our customers the highest level of service, we expect that our customers will treat staff with courtesy and respect; that they will represent their projects accurately and honestly; that they will submit accurate, complete, and code-compliant plans at the beginning of the approval process; that they will inform staff of plan changes or project modifications in a timely manner; that they will obtain appropriate permits before they begin projects; that they will build their projects safely according to approved plans and in compliance with codes and rules; and that they will ask questions when they do not understand code requirements or staff communications.
City of Riverside
Planning and Building Staff
|7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
3900 Main Street - 3rd Floor
Closed Weekends and Major Holidays
The mission of the Planning and Building Divisions is to protect and enhance the City of Riverside's natural and manmade environment, its economic base and its neighborhoods by providing our customers with timely and accurate planning and building services. Our core values are:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Innovation and Creativity
- Treating others as we would like to be treated
- Customer Bill of Rights