$1,000 Graffiti Rewards Program
The Graffiti Rewards program increases the City’s ability to arrest graffiti criminals by rewarding witnesses who report graffiti vandalism. The program provides a $1,000 reward to residents who report information that leads to the arrest of anyone who commits graffiti vandalism.
||$1,000 Reward Tip:|
Provide as much detail as possible when reporting graffiti in progress. Doing so increases the chance that your call will lead to an arrest and possible award.
How to Report Graffiti in Progress
Be Alert: If you see suspicious activity or graffiti in progress, report it immediately.
- Call 911: Go to a safe location and call the police. Dial 951-787-7911 from mobile phones to reach police dispatch.
- Provide Details: Tell the police what you saw, where the graffiti is, what the tagger looked like, what they were wearing, and what the graffiti looked like. You may request to remain confidential if you do not wish to be contacted by the police department. You will need to provide your name in order to get a police report number to obtain a reward.
- Be Safe: Do not make contact with the tagger. Listen to the instructions from the police department and do not do any investigation work.
How to Claim a $1,000 Reward!
- Follow Up: Call the police department 2-3 days later to determine if an arrest was made. If an arrest was made from your call, then you are eligible for a reward. Request the police report number (i.e. P12-000000).
- Reward: Contact the 311 Call Center and request a graffiti reward. They will ask for the police report number, incident date and your name. Once the information is verified, a cash reward can be issued.
Reward Program Requirements
There must be a graffiti offense arrest.
- The City must have mitigating damages (we must remove the graffiti).
- Reward must be requested as soon as possible.
- You must provide the police report number: i.e. P12-000000.
- City employees are not eligible for the reward.
Other Graffiti Resources
Graffiti Clean-up Request
From Outside Riverside
3900 Main St. 4th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
|Mon - Fri
||8:00am - 5:00pm
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays*
* Graffiti Removal Crews work 7 days per week
Printed from: http://riversideca.gov/publicworks/graffiti/enforcement-reward.asp