Riverside Police Department
Steps to Becoming a Public Safety Dispatcher
1. Submit an online application at https://cityjobs.riversideca.gov/hr/.
2. The Human Resources Department will screen all applicants for the minimum qualifications. Those that have met the minimum qualifications will be asked to submit a Personal History Statement (PHS). The PHS can be located at http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/2-255-phsDispatchers.doc.
3. After a review of the PHS by the Riverside Police Department, the Human Resources will contact qualified applicants by e-mail with an invitation to take the POST Entry-Level Dispatcher Selection Test Battery (Written Exam).
4. Those applicants that successfully pass the POST Entry-Level Dispatcher Selection Test Battery will be invited by e-mail to a standardized performance test.
5. Human Resources will contact qualified applicants by e-mail that have passed the standardized exam with an invitation to the Oral Interview.
6. Qualified Applicants that pass the Oral Interview may be contacted by a Background Investigator who will be conducting a comprehensive background investigation on the applicant.
7. Qualified Applicants that have successfully passed a background investigation and a polygraph examination may be given a Command Oral and a Conditional Job Offer (CJO) by the police department.
8. Applicants who are issued a Conditional Job Offer (CJO) by the police department will be scheduled for a Psychological Examination.
9. Human Resources will contact qualified applicants that have passed the Command Oral, Background and Polygraph Examination to schedule a Medical Exam and drug screening.
10. Those applicants that successfully pass all components of the selection process will have an opportunity to join the team. You have what it takes to be part of the BEST OF THE BEST.
RPD Employment Links
RPD Recruiting Line:|
or click here to email
City Human Resources:
Application Drop Off:
3900 Main St
Riverside, CA 92501