Riverside Police Department
Field Operations Division
Captain Wallace oversees approximately 130 sworn officers, 24 Sergeants, 6 Lieutenant Watch Commanders, 1 Executive Lieutenant, and a civilian support staff. Officers are assigned to Neighborhood Policing Centers (NPC) and are accountable for their assigned area.
Mission of the Field Operations Division is to provide quality police services that ensure the safety and security of all people in the City of Riverside.
The Field Operations Division is the largest division of the Police Department and the home to uniformed services. The Field Operations Division provides first response to all emergencies, performs preliminary investigations, and provides basic patrol services to the City of Riverside.
The overarching goals of Field Operations are to:
- Provide outstanding quality service and promote a sense of community.
- Reduce the incidence of crime through the identification of crime trends and addressing the root causes.
- Provide geographical accountability at the police officer level through the Neighborhood Policing Centers (NPC) plan.
- Strengthen public confidence in the Riverside Police Department by delivering high quality police service through valued employees.
Special Units within the Field Operations Division Include:
- K9 Unit
- UNET (University Neighborhood Enhancement Team)
- John 17 - Officers assigned to the Galleria at Tyler