Sewers, Stormdrains & Wastewater Treatment
Sewer Public Benefit Program Application
Click Here to apply for the Sewer Public Benefit Program Rebate.
Registration shall be in person or by mail.
- Participants shall provide a current valid Business Tax License; the
address will be reviewed to confirm it is within City limits.
- Participants shall provide a completed program application signed by an
authorized business representative.
- Participants shall complete the application checklist to ensure all
supporting documentation is provided at the time of application.
- Participants already required to monitor by the City shall provide the
preceding six months of data for the selected performance goal.
- Existing industries not otherwise required to monitor will receive a
baseline monitoring requirement letter to monitor the selected performance
goal monthly for 3 months, prior to program enrollment.
- Participants shall provide a process flow diagram of the pretreatment
process that accurately describes the process, as it will exist.
- The City reserves the right to deny registration if the required
documentation is not presented at the time of registration.
Rewarding of Incentive
Industries are required to demonstrate a beneficial reduction in the
indicator(s) chosen for 5 years.
- Project reductions will be monitored in three month blocks. Deficiencies
will be communicated once noted.
- After the first six months, 50% of the incentive will be credited if
target reductions are met.
- If not, then the participant will be placed on notice and allowed an
additional 3 month block to meet the target before being terminated from the
- In order to receive the full incentive, the participant must meet the
target during 4 out of the 5 three month blocks.
- Participants may be required to pay back the prorated amount to the City
based on differences between reduction goals and what reduction actually
- Incentives will be prorated if measurable reductions are achieved but
unable to meet agreement target.
- After full payment of incentive, participant must meet 80% of the target
reductions on a yearly basis for 5 consecutive years, including the first
demonstration year, in order to remain active in the program. Failure to
meet the target reductions will resulted in prorated return of the
- For all participants, incentives will be delivered as a credit on their
sewer bill delivered within 60 days of approval.
- The incentive is non-transferable and must be returned in full if the 5
year reduction commitment is not met at the time of transfer.
- If a reduction does not occur for three consecutive months, the
participant may be dropped from the program after review by the program
Return to Sewer Public Benefit Program Business Home
3900 Main Street - 4th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
|Monday - Friday
||7:30am - 5:30pm
|Closed Major Holidays
Printed from: http://riversideca.gov/sewer/spb-application.asp