The Traffic Engineering Section of the Public Works Department facilitates the safe and efficient movement of traffic within the city by applying state-of-the-art traffic and transportation engineering technology and methods.
We strive to optimize traffic flow on arterial streets, enhance roadway, neighborhood and school zone safety, and improve traffic management citywide.
Through the implementation and maintenance of traffic tools and measures, we are able to improve roadway conditions, maximize intersection operations, heighten driver awareness, and increase public safety.
Traffic Signal Maintenance
- The Traffic Engineering Division is responsible for traffic signal maintenance at city intersections. To report a traffic signal problem please contact the
311 Call Center.
- New City standards call for pedestrian countdown display which have been installed at over 200 intersections, increasing pedestrian safety and understanding.
- Speed feedback signs act as traffic calming devices and help with speed control.
- The City of Riverside was recently recognized by both the State of California Assembly and Senate for its model program in rail safety developed through its partnership with Operation Lifesaver, Inc.
Read more on rail safety.
- The City of Riverside's Bicycle Master Plan was adopted on May 22, 2007. The Master Plan provides a blue print for bicycle transportation and recreation in the City of Riverside and seeks to enhance and expand the existing bikeway network, connect gaps, address constrained areas and improve intersections, provide for local and regional connectivity, and encourage even more residents to bicycle.
Read more on the
City's Bike program.
Compressed Natural Gas
3900 Main Street - 4th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
|Monday - Friday
||7:30am - 5:30pm
|Closed Major Holidays
Printed from: http://riversideca.gov/traffic/Default.asp