Arts & Culture
About Arts & Cultural Affairs
Arts & Cultural Affairs
In Fiscal Year 2005-2006, the City Council formed the new Arts & Cultural Affairs division for the purpose of advancing the Mayor and City Council’s vision to make Riverside the identified center for arts, culture, education and entertainment in the Inland Empire.
- Enhance the quality of life for residents of and visitors to the City of Riverside
- Help build a strong local economy through arts and culture
- Planning, developing, and overseeing City of Riverside arts programs and cultural activities.
- Developing and managing the City’s arts policy, grants, and sponsorships.
- Serving as the City’s arts and cultural affairs representative with local, county, and state arts agencies, local arts ad-hoc coalitions, corporations civic groups, and artists.
- Providing guidance to community partner organizations to promote a cohesive and sophisticated artistic and cultural environment.
- Promoting the City’s participation in arts and cultural affairs programs locally, regionally, statewide, nationally and internationally
- Producing or assisting with City-wide Special Events.
- Coordinating City-wide Special Event permits.
- Negotiating and managing contracts for the City’s arts and cultural facilities, including the Fox Performing Arts Center, the Municipal Auditorium, the Visitors Center, and the Riverside Convention Center.
- Overseeing City-wide filming rights, productions, and revenue-generation.
Events & Venues
Community Arts & Culture
Arts & Culture Partners
Arts & Economic Prosperity IV Results
Riverside Metropolitan Museum
Arts & Cultural Affairs Division
3580 Mission Inn Ave.
Riverside, CA 92501
Special Event Permits & Film Permits:
(951) 826-2427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Mon - Fri
||8:00am - 5:00pm
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays
Printed from: http://riversideca.gov/arts/about.asp