Building & Safety

Building & Safety

Licenses & Insurance

Do I need a City of Riverside Business License?

If you are a business entity doing business within the City of Riverside, then Yes, you will need to have a valid City Business License. If you have specific questions concerning Business Licenses in the City of Riverside, contact the Business License Division at (951) 826-5465.

What about Workers’ Compensation Insurance?

Contractors State license law requires that all California licensed contractors maintain Workers’ Compensation Insurance coverage if they have employees. The law also requires that the contractor present the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Certificate to the Building and Safety Department at the time of permit issuance.

How long is a permit good for?

A building permit is valid for 180 days after it is issued. In addition, a 180 day extension may be granted by the Building Official. In most cases, a permit will not be expired unless the applicant has failed to call for an inspection and show progress on the project for a 360 day period.

Once a permit is expired, you may be required to begin the permit process from the beginning and pay all of the applicable fees again, so it is wise to avoid permit expiration.

About Permits
Permits via Mail
General Information
3900 Main St. 3rd Floor
Riverside, CA 92522

Phone: (951) 826-5697

Fax: (951) 826-5622

Permits Issued
Mon - Fri 7:30am - 4:30pm
Mon - Fri 7:30am - 5:00pm
Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays
raincross orange footer
City of Riverside Logo 30x30 City of Riverside  |  Explore Riverside  |  At Home in Riverside  |  Seizing Our Destiny

Font size:

Stop the Hacker
Copyright © 2015 City of Riverside | Accessibility Policy | Website Disclaimer | Privacy and Security Policy
Facebook: Like the City of Riverside LinkedIn Twitter YouTube: Subscribe to the City of Riverside RSS: Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the City of Riverside GovDelivery: Receive email alerts from the City of Riverside  RiversideTV Icon
Printed from: