The Little Free Pantry program provides an opportunity for neighbors to feed neighbors through non-perishable food and personal items donations. The Little Free Pantries are a solution to immediate and local need for food for community members who are experiencing food insecurity. Installation of a Little Free Pantry in your neighborhood expands access to food and impacts the community in a positive way.
Find a Little Free Pantry Near Me
1409 Kearney St.
3390 Lime St.
3657 Lemon St.
12th St. & Cedar St.
2843 11th St.
2906 Cridge Rd.
6807 Palm Ave.
7680 Casa Blanca St.
2801 Adams St.
8196 Coleman St.
8223 California Ave.
3331 Jackson St.
9262 Agave Pl.
Become a Steward and Host!
A Little Free Pantry can be successful if they have a steward and a host.
What is a steward?
- A pantry representative that lives close to the pantry
- Has the capacity to care for the pantry
- Ensures the pantry is stocked
- Throws out expired food
- Organizes neighborhood food collections
What is a host?
- Leads application process to acquire pantry kit
- Leads the selection of pantry placement
- Leads construction and design of the pantry
- Encourages neighborhood involvement
- Repairs pantry if damaged
Choosing a Location
It is critical that the location has a need for food and a desire to give. The following prerequisites should be considered in choosing a location for the Little Free Pantry.
- Your location should be in a safe and well-lit area.
- Determine whether private property or public property best suits your vision.
- Consider weather (heat, rain, winds) when placing the pantry.
- The Little Free Pantry should be accessible to the public. If in an area where people travel by car, sites should be safely accessible by car with no impact to local traffic.
Stocking The Little Free Pantry
A successfully stocked Little Free Pantry requires an involved community that will fill the pantry with non-perishable foods and personal hygiene products on a regular basis.
- Avoid sharps (razors), chemicals, clothing or anything illegal
- A daily site visit will allow you to maintain a safe and neat site space.