City Clerk

City Clerk

Volunteer for Boards & Commissions

Applications are accepted year-round


City Boards and Commissions are the underpinnings of our community - they are how the community navigates the daily and weekly decisions that make Riverside run smoothly to become the kind of community we all want. Your Mayor and City Council members encourage your participation. These are voluntary positions and to be eligible a citizen must reside in Riverside and be a registered voter. The terms of office are four years and members may serve as many as two consecutive terms.

Scroll to the bottom of the page to check which City of Riverside Ward you reside in by entering your address in the Ward Look-up search box.

The City Charter now requires each board or commission to have at least one member from each Council Ward. Current vacancies are listed above.

What Happens When You Apply?

When you express an interest by phone or in writing, the City Clerk's Office will forward an application. Applications are taken on an annual basis and vacancies are filled as they become available. The City Clerk's Office will let you know if you qualify and when vacancies will occur on the Board or Commission you are interested in.

How Do I Apply?

Applications may be picked up at the City Clerk's Office, 7th floor of City Hall, 3900 Main Street or by calling 826-5557.  You may also download the application by selecting:

Completed applications may be delivered or mailed to the City Clerk's Office, 3900 Main Street, Riverside, CA 92522 or emailed to

Is There A Deadline?

Applications are accepted year-round, except for the Riverside Youth Council which only accepts applications from February 1 through May 1 for membership to commence August of the following school year.

There are current mid-year vacancies for several boards and commissions.  If there are no vacancies this year for the board or commission of your interest, your application will be kept on file for one year for consideration should a mid-year vacancy occur. The various boards and commissions meet at different times, generally once or twice a month.

Do I Have A Conflict Of Interest?

Under existing California law, a member of a board or commission may not make, participate in making, or attempt to influence a governmental decision if it is reasonably foreseeable that the decision could have a material financial effect on that member, the member's immediate family, or any of his or her financial interests.  There is also a special category of conflicts of interest which strictly forbids members and/or their employers from having financial interests in city contracts.  Careful consideration should be given to this issue and applicants are encouraged to contact the City Clerk's Office if they have any questions.


raincross orange footer
City of Riverside Logo 30x30 City of Riverside  |  Explore Riverside  |  At Home in Riverside  |  Seizing Our Destiny

Font size:

Stop the Hacker
Copyright © 2015 City of Riverside | Accessibility Policy | Website Disclaimer | Privacy and Security Policy
Facebook: Like the City of Riverside LinkedIn Twitter YouTube: Subscribe to the City of Riverside RSS: Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the City of Riverside GovDelivery: Receive email alerts from the City of Riverside  RiversideTV Icon Outlook E-News
Printed from: