State Disability Insurance
- SDI enrollment is automatic for General and Refuse. employees.
- Coverage is not available for employees outside of
the units mentioned above.
- Benefits begin after the 7th day of off-work injury or illness, unless hospitalized.
- SDI claim forms are available through the State Employment Development Department.
- Claims should be filed as soon as possible, but no later than 49 days after the onset of injury or illness.
- The City pays $136/year towards the SDI tax, prorated for part-time employees.
- The sick leave/vacation buy-back policy for SDI is explained in the
Personnel Policy & Procedures Manual Policy VI-1.
- Enrollment stops upon promotion or reclassification to a position.
The SDI packet contains complete details of benefits and exclusions. The City of Riverside Human Resources Department and the
Social Security Administration offices are also available to answer questions
regarding disability benefits.
3900 Main St. 5th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522
|Mon - Fri
||8:00am - 5:00pm
|Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays
Printed from: http://riversideca.gov/human/benefits/benefit-sdi.asp