Mayor's Office
COVID-19/Coronavirus Update

International Student Resources

Mayor’s Welcome

Welcome! The City of Riverside is glad to welcome its international students. We are grateful that you have selected our community to pursue your educational dreams. Our community is committed to making your experience the best it can be as a student and resident in Riverside. The International Student Friendly Taskforce, the International Relations Commission, and the Mayor's office have put together a number of resources to assist in your transition and to help you get more acquainted with Riverside.

Identification Cards

To conduct business in California, you will need to have some form of identification (referred to as an ID for short), and often businesses want your identification to have a photo. Some places require two forms of identification. Your passport will be widely accepted as one form of identification. In some locations, but not all, your student identification card may be accepted as a second form of identification. You may want to consider getting a California identification card as a second form of identification when you arrive in California.

Obtaining a California ID

The Department of Motor Vehicles’ (most frequently called DMV) website offers detailed guidelines on obtaining a California identification card:


Getting around in California can be quite challenging at first, but as with all transitions it gets easier with time. No matter where you need to go, and if you are seeking to get there via car, bus, or other forms of transportation, this section is designed to provide you with transportation related information.

Public Transportation

Riverside Transit Agency (RTA): The Riverside Transit Agency (often called RTA) provides both local and regional bus services throughout the region with 35 fixed routes, 8 CommuterLink routes, and Dial-A-Ride services. There are over 285 vehicles to help you get around. Up to date information on RTA routes, costs, and the differences between the options can be found at:

Go-Pass/U-Pass (Free rides for students!):

RTA provides Go-Passes/U-Passes, which offer a free ride service for students from designated schools. To access this benefit, you will need to swipe your student identification card for unlimited bus rides. For participating schools, schedules, and route information, please visit RTA: or contract RTA’s Customer Information Center at 1-951-565-5002

Regional Passenger Rail (Metrolink):

Metrolink is Southern California's leading regional passenger rail system, serving over 55 stations across the region. Residents can take the Metrolink into neighboring cities and counties. If you are not familiar with how to ride the Metrolink, you can learn more at this website:

In addition, you can obtain information on the Metrolink route, schedules, and fares at the following website:

Train Service (Amtrak)

Amtrak is a national train service, providing transportation all over the United States. If you are not familiar with how to ride the Amtrak, you can access instructions at:

You can also access information on routes, schedules, station locations, fares, etc. at:

Active Transportation

Bicycling in Riverside

Riverside has taken great efforts in the last few years to make our community more bicycle friendly. Bicycling to work or class is a great way to travel. Bicyclists are expected to understand and follow traffic safety laws. The following link will provide you with more information on the laws: Additional safety information and information on bike routes can be found on the city’s website at:

Bicycles can be purchased at:
Walmart - 6250 Valley Springs Pkwy, Riverside, CA 92507
Walmart - 5200 Van Buren Blvd, Riverside, CA 92503
Jenson USA -
Pedals Bike Shop - 3765 Jurupa Ave, Riverside, CA 92506
Riverside Cyclery USA - 10000B Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
Woodcrest Bicycle Center - 16960 Van Buren Blvd. Suite A, Riverside, CA 92504

Riverside will also be getting a bike share program soon. Please check the link below for updates on this new program:

Walking in Riverside

Many students choose to live on campus or close to campus and use walking as their primary form of transportation. Safety is important for pedestrians too. Please be sure that you understand traffic laws and practice the highest safety standards at all times. Basic safety information can be found at this site:

In addition to following traffic laws, pedestrians are encouraged to exercise safety when walking. Most colleges will offer safety tips that can be obtained through campus police or security offices.

Driving In California

The State of California does not recognize an International Driving Permit (IDP) as a valid driver license, so international students should avoid driving in California unless they have a U.S. issued driver’s license (Note: The International Driver's Permit is also referred to as an International Driver's License or International License). If you are interested in obtaining a driver’s license, the following section will guide you in this process.

Getting a License & the California Department of Motor Vehicles: The California Department of Motor Vehicles’ (most frequently called DMV) website outlines the process of obtaining a California Driver’s License. For information on what is required to obtain a license, please visit:

You may note that on the DMV site, there is a section that indicates that a social security card is required to get a driver’s license. If you expand this section it will address the process to apply for a driver’s license, if you do not have a social security card.

Driver License Handbooks: The California Driver’s Handbook will help you study for the driver’s license tests. Samples of written tests are also available online. The Handbook can be accessed in different languages, at the link below:

Visiting the DMV: This link provides a list of DMV locations in Riverside. It is strongly recommended that you schedule an appointment before you visit the DMV. This link will provide you with more details:


Here are a number of resources that will assist you in meeting your housing needs and answers any questions you might have.

Student Housing:

When possible, international students should consider living on campus until they get acclimated to the local environment. Each of the colleges and universities will have information on the housing options available. The following links will provide you with additional information about on campus housing:
Riverside Community College:
University of California at Riverside:
California Baptist University:
La Sierra University:

Riverside also has off campus housing, but students should understand that these are managed by private companies and should be evaluated properly. The following resource will help you understand housing and the processes associated with securing housing in California:

The Housing Authority of the County of Riverside is a public agency that works to administer the development, rehabilitation, or financing of affordable housing programs in California. You can contact the agency to learn more about housing:

If you enter into a lease with an off campus housing provider and you experience problems, the following resources are available to help you.

Fair Housing Council of Riverside:

The Fair Housing Council of Riverside is a non-profit organization that fights to protect the housing right of all individuals, including international students. If you feel you are the victim of unlawful housing practices or discrimination, contact the Fair Housing Council. More information can be accessed at: Additional information can be obtained in multiple languages at the following site:

Banking Information

BANKING in the United States: (Applicable in Riverside, CA)

Requirements for opening bank accounts in the State of California

In order to open bank accounts in the State of California, Bank of America and most federally regulated banking institutions require proper identification, Proof of Address, and a minimum deposit (if applicable).

Proper Forms of Identification

The following forms of identification have been approved and accepted to open accounts with local banks in the City of Riverside. (Bank of America requires 2 forms of proper identification, but some banks will accept one proper form of identification.)

The accepted forms of identifications are: Foreign Passport with Photo, Passport Number and Country of Issuance, Foreign Driver’s License, U.S. Government – Issued TIN card, and Alien Identification Card and Number; Country of Issuance of any other government-issued document evidencing nationality or residence with photo.

The accepted forms of identifications are: Foreign Passport with Photo, Passport Number and Country of Issuance, Foreign Driver’s License, U.S. Government – Issued TIN card, and Alien Identification Card and Number; Country of Issuance of any other government-issued document evidencing nationality or residence with photo.

Proof of Address

Generally, proof of address can be proven with a current (within 30 days) utility bill, lease agreement/mortgage statement, or current vehicle registration.

Checking Accounts

Some banking institutions may require a minimum deposit of $25 or more, depending on the bank’s requirements. Banks offer special accounts either with a low minimum deposit or no deposit requirements if you are a student or if you can set up Direct Deposit from your employer or any institutions that you receive funds from.

Types of Checking Accounts

Banks offer several different types of Checking Accounts to meet their customers’ needs. Generally, banks will offer a Checking Account that either earns interest or earns no interest on the balance you carry once every month.

Checking Account with Direct Deposit usually do not earn any interest, but there are no minimum balance requirements. Some banks may offer to waive the monthly service fee with direct deposit, depending on the special rates and programs that they are currently offering to their customers.

Checking Accounts that earn interest will require a minimum balance of $1000 or more, depending on the earned interest rates, but will provide the account without a service fee if the minimum balance is met throughout the month. (Please note that any earned interest Checking Accounts are subject to taxes at the end of the year.) Interest rates are subject to change based on the current market rates and the London Index.

Interest Earned on accounts in the United States will require reporting to the necessary agency, therefore a tax form will be provided at the end of the year summarizing the total interest earned from your banking institution.

Student Checking Accounts are also available at most banks with Proof of Enrollment and an age requirement of under 23 years of age with a minimum deposit for every 3 month periods. Some banks may offer to waive the monthly service fee if all requirements are met.

Restricting Checking Accounts may require a fee if transactions are conducted inside the banking center or if the customer withdraws more than the allowed amount, according to the bank and their product requirements. These accounts are usually for Online Banking only or for minimal usage accounts that require the use of the Bank’s ATM only

Banks will offer a Debit/Credit Card (MasterCard or Visa) that allows the customer to pay for products and services at any participating businesses that accept major credit cards which is deducted out of their checking account.

Savings Accounts

Savings accounts are also available to International Students/Residents. Saving accounts are used primarily to safeguard your funds and keep separate from your daily usage account in order to earn interest. The interest rate is subject to change based on the current market rates and the London Index. Savings accounts may require a minimum deposit amount requirement and a monthly service fee; transaction limitations on number of withdrawals per month. Savings Account fees may be waived by some banks if the minimum balance requirements are met.

Some banks will offer a Savings Account Debit Card without the credit card emblem. Savings account debit cards are usually only allowed to withdraw and make deposits at the designated banking institutions and their ATMs. (No credit card access. Only Debit usage.) Withdrawal restrictions/limitations may apply, which may limit the number of withdrawals from the Savings Accounts to 3 withdrawals per month, depending on the bank. (Please note that any earned interest on Savings Accounts may be subject to taxes at the end of the year.)

Overdraft Protection is offered with most Savings Accounts, which safeguard your Checking Account from overdraft fees at no additional cost to the customer. Overdraft Protection will link your Savings Account to your Checking Account in order to satisfy any checks or payments withdrawn from the Checking Account when there are insufficient funds. This feature will save the customer from any overdraft fees that the bank may charge for paying any outstanding checks for the customer when the funds are not sufficiently available in the customer’s Checking Account.

Certificate of Deposit (CDs)

Certificate of Deposit (CD) Accounts are available for International Students/Residents. Certificate of Deposit Accounts earn higher interest rate than a Savings Account. Interest rates are based on the term the funds will be held in the account. These accounts are held in the account within the designated period for which the customer chooses. (Interest earned is capped at different rates dependent on period of the CD: 3 months, 9 months, 1 year, 2 years and longer). (Please note that any earned interest on Certificate of Deposit Accounts may be subject to taxes at the end of the year.) Minimum deposit requirements apply of $1000 or more.

Loans: Personal, Auto, Secured Credit Cards

Personal Loans, Auto Loans and Secured Credit Cards are available to International Students/Residents. Proper identification from the list mentioned above are accepted. (2 forms of acceptable ID may be required.) The customer must also provide a TIN (Tax Identification Number) or SSN (Social Security Number) to apply for a loan.

All applicable rules and regulations apply for loan applicants who are Domestic or International.


Riverside offers an array of spiritual outlets to fit your needs. Below is information on local spiritual institutions, but you should note that this list is not exhaustive. Riverside has over 500 places of worship. This list is merely a starting point, so if you do not see what you are looking for on the list, we encourage you to use the Internet to explore more options. As information changes rapidly, please call or visit the websites for the church or temple you are interested in to obtain up-to-date information on meeting times, locations, etc.


Near UCR: Near RCC: Near CBU:
Baha’i Center
332 Orange St, Riverside, CA 92501
All Saints Episcopal Church
3847 Terracina Dr, Riverside, CA 92506
Beth Shalom Messianic Jewish Congregation
2790 California Ave, Riverside, CA 92881
Bridges Church
1363 W. Linden St, Riverside, CA 92507
Chabad Jewish Community Center
3579 Arlington Ave. Suite 100, Riverside, CA 92506
Harvest Christian Fellowship
6115 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA 92504
Christ’s Chapel
3332 Durahart St, Riverside, CA 92507
Eden Lutheran Church
4725 Brockton Ave, Riverside, CA 92506
Hindu Society of Inland Empire
9292 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
Chua Van Thu Buddhist Temple
6823 Weaver St, Riverside, CA 92504
Harvest Christian Fellowship
6115 Arlington Ave, Riverside, CA 92504
1-951- 687-6902
Islamic Center of Riverside
1038 W. Linden St, Riverside, CA 92508
Church of Latter Day Saints
950 University Ave, Riverside, CA 92507
Hindu Society of Inland Empire
9292 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
Magnolia Baptist Church
8351 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92504
Hindu Society of Inland Empire
9292 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
Islamic Center of Riverside
1038 W. Linden St, Riverside, CA 92508
St. Thomas Catholic Church
3774 Jackson St, Riverside, CA 92503
Iglesia Hispana De Riverside
3625 Ottawa Ave, Riverside, CA 92507-4366
LDS Institute of Religion
3481 Prospect Ave, Riverside, CA 92501
Temple Beth El
2675 Central Ave, Riverside, CA 92506
Islamic Center of Riverside
l1038 W. Linden St, Riverside, CA 92508
Magnolia Baptist Church
8351 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92504
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
3680 Jackson St, Riverside, CA 92503 
1-951- 369-1440
Kansas Avenue Seventh Day Adventist Church
4491 Kansas Ave, Riverside, CA 92507
Sikh Temple Riverside
7940 Mission Blvd, Riverside, CA 92509
1-951- 685-4571
Vah Thu Temple
6823 Weaver St, Riverside, CA 92504
Sandals Church
150 Palmyrita Ave, Riverside, CA 92507
St. Catherine of Alexandria Roman Catholic Church
7005 Brockton Ave, Riverside, CA 92506
Near La Sierra University:
Chùa Phật Tuệ, Phat Tue Temple
10421 Cook Ave, Riverside, CA 92505
Sikh Temple Riverside
7940 Mission Blvd #A, Riverside, CA 92509
St. Francis De Sales Catholic Church
4268 Lime St, Riverside, CA 92501
1-951-686-4004 (English) and 1-951-683-6204 (Spanish)
Church of Latter Day Saints
5840 Mitchell Ave, Riverside, CA 92505
St. Andrew Orthodox Church
4700 Canyon Crest Dr, Riverside, CA 92507
  Islamic Center of Riverside
1038 W. Linden St, Riverside, CA 92508
St Francis de Sales Catholic Church
4268 Lime St, Riverside, CA 92501
  La Sierra University Seventh Day Adventist Church
4937 Sierra Vista Ave, Riverside, CA 92505
Temple Beth El
2675 Central Ave, Riverside, CA
  Queen of Angels Church
4824 Jones Ave, Riverside, CA 92505
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
181 W. Blaine St, Riverside, CA 92507
  Wat Lao Buddhist of Riverside
6021 Rutland Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
The Grove Church
19900 Grove Community Dr, Riverside, CA 92508

“Home” Foods:

Riverside is lucky enough to have a variety of markets and grocery stores that stock diverse ethnic foods. With a little effort, we hope that you will find the foods that you have been craving from your home country. Information changes rapidly, we encourage you to call ahead to learn more about product offerings and to verify hours of operations.

Asian Markets
Far East University Market
1242 University Ave, Riverside, CA 92507
Hala Produce Market
3375 Iowa Ave #N, Riverside, CA 92507
India Sweets & Spices
9741 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
Indian Snacks Sweets & Grocery
779 W. Blaine St, Riverside, CA 92507
Kirin Asian Market
9555 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
Song Phung Khong Asian Market
5655 Van Buren Blvd, Riverside, CA 92503
Super Seafood Market
4529 La Sierra Ave, Riverside, CA 92505
European Markets
British Emporium
5225 Canyon Crest Dr. Suite 17C, Riverside, CA 92507
Cost Plus World Market
2698 Canyon Springs Pkwy, Riverside, CA 92507
European International Market & Deli
7120 Indiana Ave, Riverside, CA 92504
African Markets
West Coast African Market
10070 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92503
Latin American Markets
Cardenas Market
6350 Van Buren Blvd, Riverside, CA 92503
El Tapatio Markets
5800 Van Buren Blvd, Riverside, CA 92503
Rio Ranch Market
9001 Mission Blvd, Riverside, CA 92509

International Student Cell Phones

As an international student, it may be overwhelming when it comes to deciding what plan to choose as the processes and choices could be different than your home country. We’ve listed some different options that are out there for you to choose from, but remember, always ask company representatives for specific details.

Cell phone service in the United States can be purchased via a monthly contract, pre-paid plans, or pre-paid calling cards.


This is a good option if you are planning to stay in the United States for at least two years because this is the typical duration of a contract plan.

Most companies charge for all calls, outgoing AND incoming, though many have free calling within their network. You will want to ensure that you understand what your plan includes.

You can purchase plans that give you a set number of minutes per month, but overage minutes are charged at a higher rate. Check your plan to see if weekend and nighttime minutes are free.

Most providers in the United States require either a Social Security Number (SSN) or a large security deposit for setting up a contract. However, more recently, some providers have started to make it easier for international students to sign up for a contract by not requiring a SSN or deposits. Providers may ask you to bring in your international passport with a valid student visa or student ID. Call the store before you go to make sure you understand what documentation they need. For example, AT&T no longer requires a deposit from students. Check with the provider for their requirements. If you must pay a deposit, the deposit should be returned at the end of the contract, providing you follow the terms of your contract.

Text messaging (or SMS) usually requires an additional charge if not already included in a plan. Be sure to ask about adding texting to your plan.

For most providers, you must have a compatible phone. Ask specifically if you want to use a phone that you already own (both unlocked and locked). For example, with Verizon Wireless, you may be able to activate a plan with a phone that you currently have.

Remember, placing international calls can be very expensive without an appropriate plan. The bottom line is, you should verify with the representative all costs and understand what is included.


    Once a contract is signed, you will have to pay for the entire duration of the contract period. Expect to pay a fee if you terminate a contract early. Since contracts typically last 1-2 years, we do not recommend that students enter into family plans with other students, because if the other person terminates the contract early, you can also be responsible for the fee.

    Major Providers:

    Major Providers: When speaking to a representative, make sure to ask about any student discount programs, as well as international calling.


    3977 Chicago Avenue #100
    Riverside, CA 92507
    (951) 275-8801

    Verizon Wireless

    3520 Riverside Plaza
    Riverside, CA 92506
    (951) 276-4444


    3740 Iowa Ave. Ste. 101
    Riverside, CA 92507
    (951) 684-5478

    All of these locations can be reached via the RTA. Check bus schedule and routes at


    All providers offer a pre-paid option, where you pay your monthly bill in advance. These do not require a SSN or deposit and you are not required to stay with the provider for a fixed time period. The downside of these plans are that they might have higher monthly fees.

    If you want to make calls to your home country, check with your plan to see if it’s possible and to understand the related fees.

    The plan may be a month-to-month subscription or “add minutes as you go.”

    These plans generally only have basic features such as texting and calling.

    The pre-paid plans vary greatly. The cost can range anywhere from minimal to comparable to contract services. Again, be sure you understand the plan.

    You can find pre-paid phone providers, such as TracFone and Straight Talk, in many of the stores you may already shop in, like Target or Walmart. Ask an employee to see if they are available.

      Important note: Always make sure you pay your phone bill on time. Companies that do not receive payment will shut off your service the day after your billing date. You will have to go back to the store, reactivate your service, and change your phone number when your phone is shut off.

      Pre-paid providers:


      Straight Talk:

      GSM Nation (unlocked phones):


        Pre-paid Calling Cards

        You can purchase international calling cards at some major stores, such as Walmart, but one of the likeliest place to find them is at ethnic grocery stores, such as 99 Ranch or Bombay Bazaar. Ethnic stores will most likely carry the specific cards you need for your home country. For example, 99 Ranch is more likely to carry calling cards for East and Southeast Asian countries, while Bombay Bazaar carries calling cards for South Asia and the Middle East.


          Phone Apps

          It’s possible to use a phone app that can be downloaded to call internationally. These apps need an Internet connection, so it’s easy to use the WiFi available at your campus without further charges to your phone bill, making it cost effective. Some apps can even make phone calls to landlines and cell phones around the world at a low rate, but be sure to check to see if your home country is available in this service.

          Available free apps*:

          WhatsApp Messenger







            *There may be in-app purchases

            No matter which option you choose, we encourage you to add “in case of emergency” (ICE) contacts to your phone. If there is an emergency, they will need to be notified.

            Medical Information

            It is important when you are in the United States that you maintain medical insurance. This is required by most universities. While your campus likely has a health center, student health centers generally do not provide comprehensive medical services. Below is information on how to obtain health insurance at each of the campuses and information on where to find emergency medical services.

            Health Insurance Requirements By Campus

            California Baptist University

            Health Insurance is required for all Traditional Undergraduate students at CBU enrolled in 7 units or more. Students are automatically charged for and enrolled in the medical insurance provided through UnitedHealthcare Student Resources.

            Students who have their own insurance or are covered through their parents can choose to "opt out" of the student insurance plan by completing the online waiver.


              La Sierra University

              La Sierra University requires all its International Students to maintain an adequate health insurance throughout the duration of their F-1 student status. Therefore, Health Services offers a comprehensive insurance plan just for the International Students through United Health. Your insurance plan will be purchased for you at the time of registration and will be automatically renewed throughout your stay at La Sierra, including summer and vacation periods.

              The insurance fees will be automatically charged to your student account. Fees may vary every quarter so please contact your Student. Financial Services Counselor or Student Health Services for more information about current fees.

              Only under extraordinary circumstances, our Health Services will waive the required medical insurance coverage by United Health. Petitions to waive the medical insurance must be submitted in writing, with proof of comparable medical coverage, to the Director of Student Health Services, Hurda Duran at or contact her at 951.785.2200.

              It is strongly suggested that you do no request to waive the University plan, as the campus Health Center only covers basic needs. International students should be careful and ensure that their insurance covers hospitals and pharmacies.

              NOTE ON MEDICATIONS: It is not possible in the United States to purchase antibiotics and most medications without a prescription from a U.S. doctor. DO NOT GO TO MEXICO TO PURCHASE MEDICATION. If you need help trying to find out what the name of medication or illness is in English, you can just visit Student Health Services.


                Riverside City College

                RCC’s International Student Program has information on how international students can obtain health insurance through Ascension and ISO. Group rates were negotiated, so premiums for these providers will likely be less than you can purchase on your own.

                To receive general information regarding coverage from these companies, it is recommended that you contact them directly. For Ascension contact Diane Siewert at (800) 537-1777. For ISO, contact is Niraj Jani at (212) 262-8922. For International Student Insurance contact Annemarie Estrada at (877) 758-4391 x 105.



                  It is a requirement that all students enrolled at UCR are enrolled in a health insurance plan that meet minimum requirements. All students are automatically enrolled in the UC Student Health Insurance Plan and corresponding insurance fees are posted to student’s accounts.

                  Students do have the option to “waive out” of the campus health insurance plan, if their personal insurance plan meets the minimum requirement and they meet the appropriate deadlines for waiving out. This must be submitted on a yearly basis.

                  All J-1 visa holders are required to maintain sickness and accident insurance and medical evacuation and repatriation insurance for the duration of their exchange visitor program. This is required by federal regulations.

                  When you need medical service, you must show proof of health insurance coverage or be prepared to pay for this services out of your own pocket.

                  If an International Student has a family (dependents), we strongly recommend that every member of the family should be covered by health insurance. You may be able to add your dependent family members to your insurance policy at UCR for an additional fee. Please consult with the Health Insurance Office, on campus, for details. You may also purchase separate insurance plans for your dependents.

                  UCR requires the following to maintain status as an international student:

                  • Report address changes to the International Student Resource Center.

                    Maintain a full course load (12 units) at all times.

                    Report any leaves of absences or interruptions to your program of study to the International Student Advisor in advance.

                    Report any leaves of absences or interruptions to your program of study to the International Student Advisor in advance.

                    Report any change of major and/or degree objective to the ISRC.

                    Do not engage in any unauthorized employment.

                    Keep your passport and I-20/DS-2019 valid at all times.


                    Emergency Medical Care:

                    The following locations provide emergency medical care. Services will either be billed to the patient or the patient’s insurance

                    Kaiser Permanente Riverside Medical Center
                    (Emergency Services)
                    10800 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92501
                    Emergency Room: 1-951-353-3800

                    Parkview Community Hospital
                    (Emergency Services)
                    3865 Jackson St, Riverside, CA 92503
                    Main Phone Number: 1-951-688-2211

                    Riverside Community Hospital
                    (Urgent Care and Emergency Services)
                    4445 Magnolia Ave, Riverside, CA 92501
                    Main Phone Number: 1-951-788-3000
                    Emergency Room: 1-951-788-3200

                    Riverside County Regional Medical Center
                    (Urgent Care and Emergency Services)
                    26520 Cactus Ave, Moreno Valley, CA 92555
                    Main Phone Number: 1-951-486-4000
                    Emergency Room: 1-951-358-2453

                    Financial Aid/Scholarships:

                    College can be expensive! Here is a link detailing financial aid and scholarships for international students. Additionally, make sure to visit with your school’s financial aid office. They are experts and will be able to point you in the right direction.

                    Language Services:

                    We have put together a host of resources to help you with your language learning goals! Whether you want to improve in reading, writing, or speaking, these resources can help.

                    Language Resources:
                    Your campus will likely have resources and tools to help you increase your English proficiency, a few of these are outlined below. To supplement your campus resources, the following tools are available.

                    Riverside County Adult Literacy Program:
                    The County of Riverside has an adult literacy programs, as part of their Library Services. More information on this tool can be obtained at the link below:

                    Campus Specific Resources for Improving English Literacy:
                    Each College or University has resources to help you improve your English proficiency. With most of these tools, you can learn at your own pace or jump into intensive language courses! Below are the resources:


                    We are excited that you have selected Riverside as your place to study. We hope that you will fall in love with our community.

                    *Please note that the International Relations Council, the International Student Friendly Taskforce, and the City of Riverside does their best to ensure the accuracy of this information. Students are encouraged to research all information provided, prior to acting on the recommendations. No party listed above is liable for any information provided.