72 Hour Limits on Streets

To maintain a safe and attractive community in compliance with the California Vehicle Code 22651(k),  Parking Control Representatives post warnings and tow abandoned vehicles left on public streets in excess of 72 hours.

311 logo To report illegal parking, call the 311 Call Center.

Frequently Asked Questions

My vehicle has been towed, who do I call for more information?

If your vehicle has been towed due to 72 hour storage, contact the Riverside Police Department’s Traffic Division at (951) 353-7992.

Return to Top

I received a 72-hour yellow tag informing me to remove my vehicle or it will be towed. What do I have to do?

According to the California Vehicle Code the vehicle has to be moved a minimum of 800 feet or .2 miles in order for the vehicle to be in compliance.

Return to Top

My vehicle is inoperable and I am unable to remove it from the street. What could happen if my vehicle remains in the same location?

Your vehicle may be towed. The California Vehicle Code 22651(k) covers operation and inoperable vehicles from 72 hour storage on-street.

Return to Top

Is there an exception for Recreational Vehicles?

No. Any Recreational Vehicle falls within the same category as regular vehicles.

Return to Top

Quick Links
General Information
3900 Main St. 4th Floor
Riverside, CA 92522

Phone: (951) 826-5311

Mon - Fri 7:30am - 5:30pm
Closed on Weekends and Major Holidays
raincross orange footer
City of Riverside Logo 30x30 City of Riverside  |  Explore Riverside  |  At Home in Riverside  |  Seizing Our Destiny

Font size:

Stop the Hacker
Copyright © 2015 City of Riverside | Accessibility Policy | Website Disclaimer | Privacy and Security Policy
Facebook: Like the City of Riverside LinkedIn Twitter YouTube: Subscribe to the City of Riverside RSS: Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the City of Riverside GovDelivery: Receive email alerts from the City of Riverside  RiversideTV Icon Outlook E-News
Printed from: