Increase green development throughout Riverside.
- Adopt voluntary standards and programs for residential and commercial projects
with incentives for excellence in sustainable design and development that encourage
green building by 2011 and thereafter.
- Encourage programs to establish green operations and maintenance for public and
private sector businesses by 2012.
- Develop annual programming that provides incentives for residential and commercial
green building efforts with an emphasis on the retrofit of existing facilities by 2012.
- Adopt and enforce the provisions of the 2010 California Green Building Code.
- Develop easy to understand forms and handout literature that will enable designers
and contractors to implement green building standards on projects in Riverside, and
streamline the plan review and inspection related functions of the Green Building Code.
Use specific plans along the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridors and on the transportation hubs
to address infrastructure systems, revitalization of urban and community centers, and promote
infill and compact development.
- Amend the Downtown Specific Plan to create incentives for high density and mixeduse
opportunities along the BRT corridor that include greater densities for greener design.
- Amend the Marketplace Specific Plan to create incentives for high density and
mixed-use opportunities along the BRT corridor and in the area of the Metrolink
Station that include greater densities for greener design.
- Amend the University Avenue Specific Plan to create incentives for high density and
mixed-use opportunities along the BRT corridor that include greater densities for
Meet the environmentally sensitive goals of the General
Plan 2025 specified in the Mitigation Monitoring Program of
the Environmental Impact Report, and the Implementation
Plan following the timelines set forth in each.
- Apply urban planning principles that encourage
high density, mixed-use, walkable/bikeable
neighborhoods, and coordinate land-use and
transportation with open space systems.
- Review older specific plans for consistency with
the General Plan 2025 and add sustainable
policies as funding permits.