About the Project
Replacement Project (Phase II) The Wells and Cypress Avenue Water Main Replacement Project (Phase II) will enhance the operation and reliability of Riverside Public Utilities’ existing water system infrastructure by replacing aged and undersized water distribution pipelines along Cypress Ave. from Chapel St. to Van Buren Blvd.
Project construction includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Installation of approximately 5,800 feet of pipeline along Cypress Ave. from Chapel St. to Van Buren Blvd.
- 102 water services connections
- Installation of 16 fire hydrants
- Pavement restoration
View the map below to see the location of this project.
Anticipated Project Timeline
When: May 2021 through March 2022
- Working hours for pipeline construction are from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm – Monday through Friday
- Anticipated nighttime work at the intersection of Cypress Ave. and Van Buren Blvd.
- Anticipated weekend work at select locations along Cypress Ave. between Rutland Ave. and Challen Ave. and near the intersection of Cypress Ave. and Harold St.
The work will progress over several months and will be executed in segments to minimize impacts to the area. If your property is in close proximity to the new water distribution pipeline along Cypress Ave., the work may affect your water service for a short period when reconnection is made to the new pipe. RPU field crews will notify affected customers 24‐hours prior to any service disruptions.
Customers who may be impacted by this work will be notified by mail before construction starts.
- Improved system reliability
- Improved fire flow with the replacement of undersized pipeline
- Improved operational efficiencies
For more information about this project, contact (951) 826-5311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.