General Energy Program Guidelines (Residential)
- All programs are subject to fund availability and may be cancelled, modified or reduced at any time.
- Customers must fulfill program-specific guidelines, and all general program guidelines to be eligible for incentives.
- Rebates must be submitted within 90 days of purchase to qualify and include a copy of the dated sales receipt. Receipts are subject to verification. The sales receipt(s) must note all necessary information on the qualifying product(s) including the make and model number or type, store purchased at, date, and price per qualifying unit(s).
- Rebates are based on total project cost. Labor, additional parts and taxes can be included in project cost but cannot exceed each program’s maximum rebate amount.
- The level of incentive is based on size and/or efficiency of the qualified product. Rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of the new product.
- For rebates under $500, a credit will be applied to the bill. For rebates over $500, a check will be mailed to customer address of record. Customer account must be in good standing in order for a rebate check to be processed in lieu of a bill credit. If customer account is past due, only a credit for the rebate amount will be processed and applied to the account.
- Incentives are paid for installations on the existing building envelope. New construction does not qualify.
- Incentives are paid for the purchase of NEW equipment only.
- The level of incentive is based on the size and/or efficiency of the qualified product. Riverside Public Utilities reserves the right to determine product eligibility.
- Incentive will be paid to the electric customer of record only. An exception may be made if the tenant or renter provides proof of purchase.
- Qualified products must be installed and in operation at the customer’s service address.
- Customer is responsible for complying with local ordinances, restrictions, rules and regulations prior to
installing any new equipment.
- Riverside Public Utilities does not endorse or recommend specific brands, products or dealers nor does it guarantee material or workmanship; acceptance of such is the customer’s responsibility.
- If it is determined through inspection that the customer is not in compliance with the requirements of the program, Riverside Public Utilities may recover the total amount of the incentive or rate reduction paid to the customer for non-compliance.
For assistance with these programs, call our account management team at 951-826-5485 or e-mail us.