Have you participated in a youth sports programs, enjoyed a round of golf at Fairmount Golf Course, attended a PRCSD class or spent a fun afternoon with the family in the park? We want to see Riverside parks through your eyes. Share your experience and love of Riverside parks and facilities by submitting a photo and testimonial in the Capture Riverside photo contest. Winning photos and testimonials will be published in the PRCSD Activity Guide, social media and department presentations.
Contest categories include: Parks Make Life Better, Open Space, City of Riverside recreation classes/programs, events/sports and digitally altered (photo must fit one of the four categories listed). A $150 cash prize will be awarded to the best overall image/testimonial and the first 100 participants will receive an exclusive Parks Make Life Better prize just for entering!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND FACTS:
Parks Make Life Better
Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department Classes, Programs, Events or Sports
- Photo must be a 9” x 7.25” jpeg or jpg with a minimum 300 dpi. Formats not accepted include gif, png and bmp. If unsure of setting, set camera to highest quality available or image resolution of at least 2016 x 3040 on SmartPhones.
- Photo must be taken within Riverside city limits and within a park listed here.
- All entries are accepted online at CaptureRiverside.org. No print photo entries accepted.
- With the exception of the Digitally Altered category, photos cannot be altered in any way utilizing Photoshop or comparable programs.
- Contest is open to both Residents and Non-Residents of the City of Riverside.
- Electronic file name must include entrant’s first initial, last name, category and number of submission. Ex: JDoeDigitallyAltered1.jpg
- No more than three submissions per category per person.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must has permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Each entry must identify the category and include contact information.
- City reserves the right to reassign entry to alternate category or reject entries based on criteria.
- All photos must be original work of the contestant and never been the subject of a copyright or previously published.
- Photo/statement submission constitutes permission for the City of Riverside to take and use any photograph and/or written statement submitted.
- All contest submissions will appear on the City of Riverside – Parks and Recreation Facebook page and select images published in the Activity Guide.
- The City reserves the right to reject any entry deemed not suitable for consideration due to objectionable content such as the use of profanity, nudity, drug, alcohol, tobacco use or cruelty to persons or animals.
- First 100 participants will receive a Parks Make Life Better prize.
- Overall winner receives a $150 cash prize sponsored by the Riverside Community Services Foundation.