On March 11, 2021, President Biden signed into law the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to facilitate the recovery from the devastating economic and health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The American Rescue Plan Act established the Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund (CSFRF) and Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (CLFRF), which provides a combined $350 billion in assistance to eligible state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments to assist in the economic and health recovery by providing resources to address impacts resulting from the crisis. These funds can be used to respond to the pandemic including mitigation and prevention; support communities and populations most impacted by the COVID-19 crisis; address negative economic impacts cause by the public health emergency; and invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure.
The City will receive Fiscal Recovery Funds in two installments for a total amount of $73,535,189. The first allocation in the amount of $36,767,594 was received in June 2021, and 12 months later in June 2022 the second half in the amount of $36,767,594.
ARPA Survey (Closing Date 12/12/2021)
USES OF FUNDING
Recipients may use Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds to:
• Support public health expenditures, by funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff;
• Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector;
• Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic;
• Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have borne and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors; and,
• Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet.
2021 AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT RESOURCES
Comments or Questions regarding American Rescue Plan Act: email@example.com