City of Riverside Fire Department Teams up with ABC7 for the Spark of Love Toy Drive
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
November 7, 2023
Fire Public Education Coordinator
City of Riverside Fire Department
Teams up with ABC7 for the Spark of Love Toy Drive
RIVERSIDE, CA.- The City of Riverside Fire Department will join ABC7 and firefighters throughout Southern California in the 31st Anniversary “Spark of Love” Toy Drive from November 15 to December 15, 2023. The campaign collects any new, unwrapped toys, sports equipment, blankets and gift cards for underserved children and teens (0-17 yrs. old) in the Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura and Riverside counties. Over the past three decades the Spark of Love Toy Drive has successfully collected more than nine million toys.
HOW TO DONATE
Toys can be dropped off at any of our 14 Fire Stations from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Firefighters may be away when responding to calls, please do not leave donations outside of the fire station. You can drop off donations at the main collection point, Cesar Chavez Community Center, 2060 University Ave. Riverside, 92507, or any of the city’s community centers, for locations visit: riversideca.gov/park_rec/community-centers.
RFD DROP OFF LOCATIONS | DROP OFF TIMES: 9AM TO 6PM
- Fire Station 1: 3401 University Ave Riverside, CA 92501
- Fire Station 2: 9450 Andrew Street Riverside, CA 92503
- Fire Station 3: 6395 Riverside Ave, Riverside, CA 92506
- Fire Station 4: 3510 Cranford Riverside, CA 92507
- Fire Station 5: 5883 Arlington Ave Riverside, CA 92504
- Fire Station 6: 1077 Orange Street Riverside, CA 92501
- Fire Station 7: 10191 Cypress Riverside, CA 92505
- Fire Station 8: 11076 Hole Ave Riverside, CA 92505
Riverside, CA 92508
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE
- Place a Donation/ Collection Box for us at your business.
- Donate cash, check, gift cards to “Shop with a Firefighter” event, help families, children, and veterans in our community with needed items /toys during the Holiday Season. Donations can be made payable to RCFF (Riverside City Firefighters Foundation) a 501c3 Organization (Fed. Tax ID #46-1442468.)
- Donate Online | Enter “Spark of Love” as Tribute Name
To become a sponsor or donate contact:
Gina Perez, Fire Public Education Coordinator at [email protected] or (951) 826-5334
*Donations will be distributed locally to City of Riverside Residents only (zip codes 92501 – 92508), Kids ages 17 & Younger are eligible (must show proof of residency and birth certificates) by the Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department at designated community centers. Please note, gifts for children aged 13-17 are based on donations and are not guaranteed. Visit: riversideca.gov/park_rec/ for information. Registrations will only be accepted in person and identification / proof of residency will be required.
Registration is not a guarantee and is subject to review and availability.