Riverside Residents Encouraged to Apply Online for Openings on Advisory Groups

Published: 10/18/2021


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                                                                                                      Oct. 18, 2021


Donesia Gause

City Clerk

(951) 826-5557


Riverside Residents Encouraged to Apply Online

for Openings on Advisory Groups

Members of City Boards and Commissions Help Shape Future of Riverside

The City of Riverside is accepting applications from residents who want to serve on Boards and Commissions that help shape policies and practices at City Hall.

Riverside’s 15 Boards and Commissions offer advice and guidance on important policy decisions for the city which affect daily life in the city. Such issues include General Plan updates, building design, signs, parks, recreation, trees, streets, traffic regulations, public utilities, ethics, and the City Budget.

Members serve four-year terms and are eligible for consideration for reappointment for an additional four-year term. Applications are being accepted through November 15, 2021. Openings include:

  • Commission on Aging (Wards 2, 3, 5 and 7)
  • Airport Commission (Wards 3, 4, 5 and 7)
  • Budget Engagement Commission (Wards 1 and 2 Resident, Wards 4 and 6 Business)
  • Community Police Review Commission (Citywide, Wards 2, 3, and 5)
  • Cultural Heritage Board (Wards 1 and 4)
  • Commission on Disabilities (Citywide and Ward 4)
  • Board of Ethics (Wards 1 and 3)
  • Human Relations Commission (Wards 1, 2, and 3)
  • Human Resources Board (Wards 3 and 6)
  • Board of Library Trustees (Ward 3)
  • Museum of Riverside Board (Ward 3)
  • Park and Recreation Commission (Ward 3)
  • Planning Commission (Citywide)
  • Board of Public Utilities (Ward 3)
  • Transportation Board (Ward 5)


“The Mayor and City Council members value the input from our community volunteers,” City Clerk Donesia Gause said. “Serving on a Board or Commission creates a vital link between the city meeting the needs of the Community.”

These are voluntary positions and to be eligible for appointment a citizen must reside in Riverside and be a registered voter. The terms of office are four years and members may serve as many as two consecutive terms.

Although you are encouraged to apply for the vacancies and deadline noted above, applications are accepted year-round for any of the Boards and Commissions.  For more information and to apply online to a Board and Commission visit https://www.riversideca.gov/cityclerk/boards-commissions or call the City Clerk’s Office at 951-826-5557.