Small Business Deposit Credit (SBDC)
Adopted January 12, 2021 and effective through March 31, 2021
Qualified Small Commercial Customers may request for their applicable utility account deposit to be applied as a direct bill credit to their RPU account.
The Small Business Deposit Credit Program is designed to assist and provide relief to the local small business community adversely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
Customers must meet ALL the following qualifications:
- 1. The Customer must fit the definition of a Small Commercial Customer, which is defined for the purpose of this rule only as a commercial customer who employs 50 full-time employees or less as of December 31, 2019.
- 2. The Customer must self-certify in writing, using the application provided, that their business has been adversely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions, either by loss of revenue, reduced work hours or temporary closure of business.
- 3. The Small Commercial Customer shall not be classified as an “essential critical infrastructure” business under California Governor Newsom’s Executive Order N-33-20.
- 4. Customer must have maintained a good payment history for at least three (3) consecutive months from December 2019 to March 2020.
Application can be submitted on or before March 31, 2021 by any of the following:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail: Riverside Public Utilities
ATTN: Small Business Deposit Credit
3901 Orange Street
Riverside, CA 92501
Please allow up to 2 weeks to review and process the application. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be notified by mail if it has been approved or denied.
For questions, call 311 Call Center at (951) 826-5311 or email [email protected].