Riverside Unified School District
3380 Fourteenth Street
Superintendent of Schools
Riverside, California 92501
Rick Miller Ph.D.
Board of Education
- Gayle Cloud
- Charles Beaty
- Kathy Allavie
- Tom Hunt
- Patricia Lock-Dawson
Things You Should Know About Riverside Unified:
- RUSD is a leader in Innovation in Education, offering online learning through
the Riverside Virtual School and state-of-the art technology in classrooms
throughout the district.
- RUSD was among the first districts in California to include digital textbooks as
supplemental learning materials.
- The Riverside Unified School District includes 48 schools and also offers a
comprehensive adult education program.
- RUSD is the 15th largest district in California and encompasses approximately
92 square miles.
- Total enrollment is approximately 43,000 K-12 students and nearly 7,000
Adult Education students.
- RUSD‘s 47 schools include 30 elementary schools, 1 special education preschool,
6 middle schools (grades 7-8), 5 comprehensive high schools, 2 continuation
high schools, 2 alternative schools and the Riverside Virtual School.
- RUSD maintains one of the largest Advancement Via Individual Determination
(AVID) programs in the nation.
- RUSD students have garnered numerous regional, state and national awards
in Mock Trial, Science Fair, History Day, and Envirothon competitions.
- RUSD employs approximately 5,000 classified and certificated employees.
- In 1965, Riverside Unified was the first district in the nation to voluntarily integrate
- More than 40 languages are spoken by RUSD students and their families.
- RUSD schools have innumerable State and National academic titles and athletic championships.
- 26 RUSD schools have been honored as California Distinguished Schools. Some schools have been honored multiple times.
- 3 RUSD schools have been named National Blue Ribbon Schools.
- 79 percent of 2008 graduates who participated in a postgraduation survey (a total of 1,962 students) reported that they were enrolled in college.