Project postponed until 2020.
A pressure rezoning project and construction of a new pump.
About the Project
The Mission Inn Booster Station and Pressure Rezoning Project will involve construction of the Mission Inn Booster Station and related piping to consolidate two existing facilities: the Rubidoux and Mary Evans Booster Stations. Two separate pressure zones and portions of a third pressure zone will be consolidated into one zone to improve fire protection, system reliability, water pressure, and provide better operational efficiency. Construction includes a new pump station at Loring Park, abandonment of the existing Rubidoux and Mary Evans pump stations, and construction of approximately 5,250 linear feet of 8-inch and 12-inch ductile iron water main.
Ward: Ward 1
What: Mission Inn Booster Station & Pressure Rezoning
Where: Redwood Drive between Mission Inn Avenue and Eleventh Street
- Construction of new water facility
- Replacement of old water pipelines and installation of new pipelines
- These two projects will improve system pressures, fire flow support and provide enhanced water system reliability
- Working hours for building construction are from 8:00am to 5:00 pm – Monday through Friday.
For more information about this project contact (951) 826-5311 or email Cheyne Wells at [email protected].
- Improved fire flow protection for all customers within the new consolidated pressure zone
- Improved system reliability with replacement of aged and undersized water pipelines
- Improved operational efficiencies
- Improved access to station for water utility field crews for safe operation and maintenance
- Improved overall water pressure to customers, landscaping along Mission Inn Ave., and Loring and Carlson Parks
- Estimated Total Cost for the New Mission Inn Booster Station ~ $1.5 Million
- Estimated Total Cost of New Water Pipelines ~ $2.7 Million
- Estimated Total Project Cost ~ $4.2 Million