Energy Savings Assistance Program
Save energy and money.
The Energy Savings Assistance Program (ESAP) is designed to help lower your monthly bill, while making your home more energy efficient through professional home improvements at no cost to you.
Riverside Public Utilities (RPU) income-qualified renters* and homeowners may be eligible for the following no-cost energy-saving home improvements by RPU's authorized contractor Synergy:
- New energy-efficient LED lighting (indoor and outdoor)
- Air-conditioning tune-ups
- Energy Star rated refrigerators and recycling of old refrigerators
- Insulation, weather-stripping and caulking to lower heating and cooling costs
- Occupancy sensors
New measures have been added to increase energy efficiency!
- ECM HVAC Motors
- Smart Programmable Thermostat
- Computer Smart Power Strips
In partnership with SoCalgas, RPU customers may also qualify for ESAP benefits through SoCalGas too. Learn more about SoCalGas ESAP.
Program EligibilityEligibility for ESAP is based on income and household size. Your household may be eligible based on participation in certain public assistance programs such as RPU’s SHARE (Sharing Households Assist Riverside’s Energy) Program, which assists income-qualified, residential customers with their electric utility bills and deposits.
Schedule an appointment today at 1-800-818-4298.
*Some improvements require approval from the homeowner