Riverside Public Utilities




The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is an additional utility assistance program administered by the Community Action Partnership of Riverside County. This block grant is funded by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and provides utility payment assistance and weatherization services to eligible low-income customers in Riverside County, including the City of Riverside.

Eligible LIHEAP customers may receive:

  • Utility Payment Assistance.
  • The Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) financial assistance for weather-related or energy-related emergencies.
  • The Weatherization Program services to improve the energy and efficiency of a home, including attic insulation, weather stripping, minor house repairs, and related energy conservation measures.

Who is eligible for this program?

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of California, you must need financial assistance for home energy costs and you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below 60% of the State Median Income. View more regarding program guidelines at https://capriverside.org/utility-assistance-program.

A person who participates or has household family members who participate in certain other benefit programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or certain needs-tested Veterans benefits may be automatically eligible.


How to apply?       

Funding is limited so not all qualified applicants may be approved. Be sure to review program guidelines and complete your application with the required documents.

To apply online, visit https://www.caliheapapply.com/

To apply by mail, complete the application with required documents attached and mail to:

Community Action Partnership of Riverside County
P.O. Box 5760
Riverside, CA 92517-5760



Questions or Assistance?

LIHEAP applications are administered and processed by the Community Action Partnership of Riverside County.  For questions, contact a Community Action Partnership of Riverside County advisor at (951) 955-4900 or visit https://capriverside.org/ for additional County of Riverside resources.

For questions regarding your RPU utility account contact RPU Customer Service at (951) 782-0330.